Approximately 490 children in grades kindergarten through 5 are enrolled at East Elementary School. Our values, represented by H.E.A.R.T. (Helpfulness, Effort, Acceptance, Respect, Teamwork) support our school community in enabling us to make our school a safe, welcoming and productive place for everyone. Our faculty provides educational experiences designed to meet the broad range of abilities and interests of our students. In educating the whole child, we provide a program that includes social-emotional learning as well as Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies. In grades 1 through 3 students learn Spanish and in grade 5 students explore French, Chinese and Spanish in preparation for choosing a language in Middle School. Technology is increasingly being integrated into our curriculum. Our School Council and PTO provide significant support in our daily work and for special events and activities. As a school community, we work together and learn together to support rich and challenging learning experiences in a nurturing and respectful environment.
At East Elementary School, we strive to make our environment one that:
- provides challenging and stimulating educational experiences for all students to achieve their best.
- fosters self-reliance, independence and self-esteem through positive accomplishments.
- encourages students to collaborate and work cooperatively.
- is caring and nurturing and is conducive to learning.
- encourages collaboration, communication and partnerships among the home, school and community.
- encourages everyone to take risks and supports those efforts.
- supports students in making decisions and in taking responsibility for their learning.
- fosters appreciation and mutual respect among students, teachers, staff and parents.
- recognizes and responds to different learning styles, individual needs and interests through the use of a variety of instructional strategies.
- demonstrates a commitment to ongoing professional development for continuous improvement.
- fosters a love of learning and inquisitiveness about the world.
- provides opportunities for students to evaluate their own learning and set goals.
- sets high standards and clear expectations for learning and social interactions.
- emphasizes connections and applications in learning across disciplines and to the world beyond the school.